Ever since I was a teenager I wanted to be a model and do I have the pictures to prove it.  But when I was coming up this curvy girl with big hips really wasn't the typical model material.  I never in a million years thought that I would have the opportunity to go to New York City and have a real model experience but Jcpenney made that possible for me and 4 other fabulous women. There was Kimberly  (The Haute Mama's ), Jen (Cranberry Tantrums), Nailah (The Moda Instersection ) and Carlis (Spicy Candy DC ) .
                                                



It was a full out glam session I seriously felt like I was channeling my inner Beyoncé. I had a wind  machine blowing in my hair , music playing and yes honey even a glass of champagne . The crew was so warm and professional they made  me feel like I belonged there .I have to admit that I was a little nervous starting out but everyone made us all feel so comfortable and those insecurities soon went out the window. The other ladies were just awesome and we clicked immediately .  We are 5 different women that vary in age ,shape and style but were brought together by a common love of Jcpenney  fashion. I love the way that Jcpenney really made choices by our own individual style and gave us creative input to make sure that the look truly reflected who we are. .  This #JCPLookbook campaign is such an awesome idea taking inspiration from the very women that wear their clothes. 










In my wildest dreams did I ever think that I would  go to NYC and get such a wonderful opportunity to do a photo shoot for one of my favorite stores. I have shopped at this store for longer than I can remember and I am seriously in there almost ever Saturday with my sisters  .. Who says you can't be a model at 42 ?  You are never to old to follow your dreams and Jcpenney has made me a true believer of that statement and for that I am forever grateful !

My Name is Mary and I am a Jcpenney Muse !

If you really want to get a glimpse of the full experience check out the video below ! 




Photos and Video by Jcpenney